At Chesser & Barr, P.A.
Our firm is proud to work closely with attorneys Nikolas G. Petersen and Jerome A. Zivan who contribute their knowledge and experience in an of counsel role. Attorneys Petersen and Zivan offer decades of legal experience in the areas of criminal defense and general civil law.
Nikolas G. Petersen
Mr. Petersen has worked as a police officer, deputy sheriff, firefighter (urban and forest), and Assistant State Attorney. He was in Underwater Demolition II and Seal Team One with three tours in Vietnam.
Mr. Petersen has completed 13 capital criminal cases (death penalty cases), and well over 100 felony jury and judge trials. He has extensive experience in felony and misdemeanor representation.
Mr. Petersen is a Child Support Enforcement Hearing Officer for Okaloosa and Walton Counties, a position he has held since 2004.
Board Certified Legal Specialties
- Criminal Law, Supreme Court of Florida
- Florida, 1977
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1978
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1981
Nova University Center for the Study of Law, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D. – 1977
Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho
- Major: Sociology
Past Employment Positions
- Pocatello Police Department Idaho, Patrolman, 1971 – 1972
- Bannock County Sheriff’s Department, Idaho, Deputy Sheriff, 1972 – 1974
- State Attorney’s Office, Okaloosa County, Assistant State Attorney, 1977 – 1979
Pro Bono Activities
- Okaloosa/Walton Bar Association – Pro Bono Award, 1993
Jerome A. Zivan
Chesser & Barr, P.A.’s of counsel consultant Jerome A. Zivan is a magna cum laude graduate of the Harvard Law School (1969) and received his undergraduate degree in accounting from Temple University.
In addition to his distinguished law career, Mr. Zivan was Chief Executive Officer of Bluewater Bay Development Company from its 1975 inception to the completion of its community development activity in 1997.
Currently, Mr. Zivan is president of Europco Management Company of America, where he engages in real estate development and management and provides financial consulting services to businesses and individuals.
Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts – 1969
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Major: Accounting
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Georgia Bar Association, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Europco Management Company of America, President
Past Employment Positions
- Bluewater Bay Development Company, Chief Executive Officer, 1975 – 1997
To discuss your case with our firm, contact Chesser & Barr, P.A. today.