Justina C.J. Turner is an experienced criminal defense attorney. She has over six years experience in the First Judicial Circuit, having practiced before judges in Walton, Okaloosa, and Santa Rosa counties. Justina has successfully defended a wide variety of charges ranging from DUI to manslaughter. Her aggressive litigation also includes the following:
- Domestic violence crimes (assault, battery, violation of injunction)
- Property crimes (theft, trespass, burglary, criminal mischief, dealing in stolen property)
- Drug crimes (drug possession, sale, manufacturing, trafficking)
- Other (contracting without a license; violation of probation, fraud)
Justina has passion defending the Constitution and protecting her client's due process rights. She believes that if an accused does not actively exercise their due process rights, those rights become endangered for us all. Justina will work tirelessly to ensure her client's rights are respected during all criminal proceedings.
Facing criminal charges is a stressful circumstance. Justina stands by her client's side and ensures her client knows what is happening every step of the way, from arraignment and bond hearings, through pretrial motion argument, any and all plea negotiations, and most importantly, the jury trial.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville FL — Juris Doctor
- AUG. 2009 - MAY 2012
- Advanced Research, Writing, and Drafting Certificate.
- The Federalist Society, Chapter President 2011-2012.
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst MA — Bachelor of Arts
- JAN. 2002 – FEB. 2006
- Student Government Association, Senator.
- Division I College Rowing.
Professional associations and memberships:
- Florida Bar Association, 2012-present
- Crestview Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, 2020
- Public Defender’s Office, Crestview FL —Assistant Public Defender
- Office of the Public Defender, Great Falls MT — Intern
- SPARQtraining.com and Dyestat.com, Portland OR — Editorial Assistant