Nickolas G. Petersen
Of Counsel Emerald Coast Attorney
Mr. Petersen has worked as a police officer, deputy sheriff, firefighter
(urban and forest), and Assistant State Attorney. He was in Underwater
Demolition II and Seal Team One with three tours in Vietnam.
Mr. Petersen has completed 13 capital criminal cases (death penalty cases),
and well over 100 felony jury and judge trials. He has extensive experience
in felony and misdemeanor representation.
Mr. Petersen is a Child Support Enforcement Hearing Officer for Okaloosa
and Walton Counties, Florida, a position he has held since 2004.
- Areas of practice:
- Criminal law
- Civil litigation
Board certified legal specialties:
- Criminal Law, Supreme Court of Florida
- Florida, 1977
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1978
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1981
Nova University Center for the Study of Law, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho
Past employment positions:
- Pocatello Police Department Idaho, Patrolman, 1971 – 1972
- Bannock County Sheriff’s Department, Idaho, Deputy Sheriff, 1972
- State Attorney’s Office, Okaloosa County, Assistant State Attorney,
1977 – 1979
Pro bono activities:
- Okaloosa/Walton Bar Association – Pro Bono Award, 1993
Learn more about how Nickolas G. Petersen can help you when you call 850.610.7471 to
schedule a consultation at Chesser & Barr, P.A. today.